Thursday, June 25, 2009

This can't be real...



He is gone, and it breaks my fucking heart.


In my mind I see the tear-soaked faces. I hear the steroes with "Human Nature" on repeat. I can't bring the tears to fall from my eyes so I'm trying to force them. I swear, I feel like I'm dreaming. I feel like I am in a huge, MOMENTUS dream. He's dead. Michael Jackson is dead. His body is lifeless. His eyes are unblinking. His heart has stopped. I cannot believe that this is actually happening. That it happened. I want to scream. I want to scream

STOP IT! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

Why? Why? Why is he gone? What did-I can only pray for my sanity, and for peace in the world. He was our reason to follow our dreams. He was our reason to scuff the floors with our shoes and scream as loud as possible with our hands as far as the horizon. He was the first song we learned as a child. He was our King. He is the King, and now with his death, our dynasty will fall.


5:34 PM, Brandy sent me a text. "Micheal Jackson died, mama." I was driving on the interstate on the way to see my sister & my heart stopped. I shook my head, "no no no" it had to be a lie. It wasn't. It's not. He's gone...forever. Luther, Aaliyah, Left Eye, Tupac, James Brown...the greats. Michael now rests with them while we mourn, while we painfully, desparingly, mourn. The entire world is distraught because we lost the best thing to ever happen to us...



Michael Joseph Jackson: August 29,1958 - June 25, 2009

Thank you for sharing your talent, love, and genius.

You are forever missed, may God grant you peaceful rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment